UGC NET 2020 Exam is administrated by the NTA. National Testing Agency is the main authority of managing the National Eligibility Test under the University Grants Commission (UGC). UGC NET is conducted for the Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian citizen. UGC NET is organized every year. Junior Research Fellowship honorees can pursue research in their Postgraduate subject from IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) or other national institutions on the basis of this exam score and also apply as an Assistant professor in various universities/ colleges. Here we are providing the information about UGC NET 2020 Exam.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Application Form
Here we are mentioned the guidelines to fill the UGC NET application form 2020.
- Applicants can fill & submit the UGC NET application form 2020 by online.
- The aspirants can apply online from the first week of March 2020.
- The final date to apply will be the first week of April 2020.
- Upload the required images in given format, while filling the form.
- Pay the examination fee and take the printout of confirmation page,Do not send the hardcopy of the confirmation page to the authority.
- The application fee can be deposited through online or e-Challan and in cash to Syndicate /Canara / ICICI bank.
- The application fee cannot be refundable or transferable under any condition.
|General category||Rs. 1000/-|
|OBC-NCL category||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ST/PwD category||Rs. 250/-|
Eligibility Criteria of UGC NET
The complete eligibility criteria for Junior Research Fellow and Assistant professor is mention below:
- For JRF, the upper age limit is 30 years as on 1st/ January/ 2020.
- For Assistant Professor, No age limit.
- The relaxation in the maximum age limit for OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PwD & women category will be five years.
- Relaxation will also be given to the research experience & LL.M Degree holders.
- Qualifying Exam: Aspirants those have the PG degree or equivalent from a university recognized by UGC are also eligible to apply. Ph.D candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must secure at least 55% marks and 50 % for reserved categories in aggregate in the master’s degree.
- Appearing Candidates: Appearing in the final semester of the Post graduation degree can also eligible
- Relaxation: 5% of relaxation for Ph.D degree holders in marks. Such applicants should have the Master’s degree exam which should be completed by 19th/ September/ 1991.
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant professor)
- NET/SET/SLET will be the minimum eligibility for the Assistant Professors.
- Aspirants those qualified the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are exempted.
- For SET Candidates: Those passed the SET (held prior to 1st/ June/ 2002) are exempted from appearing in NET exam. They can apply for the post of Assistant Professor anywhere in India. Those candidates cleared the SET exam (1st/ June/ 2002 onwards) can apply for the Assistant Professor post only in the Universities/institutes situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET exam.
Important Tentative Dates of UGC NET 2020
Here candidates can check the tentative dates of UGC NET 2020
|Releasing of official notification||1st week of February 2020|
|Starting of online of application||1st week of March 2020|
|Last date to apply online||1st week of April 2020|
|Admit card availability||1st week of June 2020|
|Date of examination||2nd week of July 2020|
|Declaration of result||Last week of July 2020|
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2020
- Exam Mode: The examination will be held through online( CBT).
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions will be asked in the NET examination.
- Papers: The exam will be consisting of 2 papers.
- Medium of Test: The medium of paper either Hindi or English language depending upon aspirant’s choice.
- Marking: 2 marks will be given for each correct answer.
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||Duration of Exam|
|Paper I||100||50 questions||1 hr|
|Paper II||200||100 questions||2 hr|