Software Engineer at DELL
Dell IT Overview:
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Oracle SOA Administrator on our Enterprise Integration Services (EIS) team.
Dell Digital is a world-class IT organization that employs 5000+ across the globe. We are focused on driving business transformation, superior customer satisfaction, and revenue growth through innovation and cutting-edge technology that leverages traditional ERP, as well as cloud, analytics, mobile, and social solutions.
About Business Unit:
The Core Engineering team, part of Dell Digital’s Enterprise Integration Services (EIS), is responsible for maintaining the SOA Platform, both Production and Non-Production. All Core Engineering activities, which includes automation and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, will be handled by our team.
As an Oracle SOA Administrator, you will participate and contribute in initiatives that improve overall product quality. You will contribute to application testing and provide customer focus to produce high quality products globally. This role reports to the IT Senior Manager.
- Provides SOA Administration expertise on products which includes, Business Process Extension Language (BPEL), Oracle Service Bus (OSB), Business Activity Monitor (BAM), Business Process Management (BPM)
- Responsible for technical implementation, administration, and coordination with the product vendor (Oracle, Splunk) for resolution of product-related issues
- Ensures the SOA shared platform remains stable and available with least interruption and impact to business
- Knowledge in containerization and Kubernetes implementation
- Takes preventive and corrective actions to ensure platform availability and stability
- Gathers and analyzes business requirements
- This position is required to participate in “on-call” rotations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering, Engineering or related field of study
- 4-6 years of experience
- Requires demonstrated experience with Objected Oriented Programming; service-oriented architecture (SOA) platform; Java; Shell Scripting; Python scripting; Oracle Database; BPEL;OSB; SQL; PL/SQL; and Splunk.
- DevOps – Puppet (Hiera , MCollective, Facter).
- Hands-on experience in CI/CD
- Exposure to Cloud technologies – Azure, VMware etc,
- Containerization, Docker, Kubernates
- Expertise in Splunk platform engineering
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.