GITAM GAT 2020 is a university level examination administrated by the Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management .GITAM Admission Test is computer based (online) entrance test organized for providing admission to aspirants in UG & PG programmes in the field of (Technology and Pharmacy). This exam is considered for admission in different courses offered by GITAM University and its 3 campuses located at (Bengaluru, Vishakhapatnam and Hyderabad). Here we are providing the details about GITAM GAT 2020.
GITAM GAT 2020 Application Form
- The online application has been released in the month of November 2019.
- Fill the complete details like personal, academic, address and many others correctly and carefully.
- While filling the application form upload the scanned images of the photograph in the prescribed format.
- Aspirants can fill the application form till 2nd week of April 2020.
- The offline applications form will be available from the selected branches of Union Bank of India, Indian Bank, and Karur Vysya Bank.
- Students can also get the application through post by sending a request to Director-Admissions with a Demand Draft of the required fee.
- Students have to make a request on plain paper giving the applicant name with complete mailing address accompanied by DD for Rs.150/- drawn in favor of (GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank).
- Request for applications by post will be accepted up to the final date.
- The application fee will be Rs. 600 for female students.
- The application fee will be Rs.1000 for other students.
- The payment can be done through online mode or Demand Draft (DD).
- The Demand Draft should be drawn from any nationalized bank in favor of( GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam).
Important Tentative Dates of GITAM GAT 2020
Here we are mentioned the tentative dates of GITAM GAT 2020
|Second week of November 2019||Application form release|
|March 2020||Last date to submit the application|
|Second to Third week of April 2020||Slot booking|
|Second week of April 2020 onwards||Hall ticket|
|Third to last week of April 2020||Examination date|
|First week of May 2020||Declaration of Result|
Aspirants must check the eligibility requirement before filling the application form
For B.Tech/B.Tech (Biotechnology)/B.Pharmacy/B.Arch:
- Qualifying Exam: Must have passed the intermediate from any recognized board. Students should qualify the above exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. For B.Tech (Biotechnology) & B.Pharmacy, students must pass the above exam with Mathematics/Biology, Physics & Chemistry subjects
- Minimum Marks: Must have obtained minimum 60% marks (For B.Tech & B.Tech (Biotechnology)) & 50% marks (For B.Arch & B.Pharmacy).
- For B.Arch, students must qualify in NATA/JEE (Main) exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying aspirants must be completed B.Pharm. from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Should pass the above qualifying exam with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Note: GPAT qualified are exempted from appearing for GAT (PGP) 2020 exam, however, they need to apply to GITAM University for admission before the due date and the candidate has to attend counselling.
- Qualification: Must possess a BE/ B.Tech./AMIE degree in the relevant area of engineering.
- Minimum Marks: Must have secured at least 60% marks in the qualifying examination.
Note: GATE qualified are exempted from appearing for GAT (PGTA) 2020 exam, however, they need to apply to GITAM University for admission before the final date and the aspirants has to attend counselling.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of exam will be 2 hrs.
- Type of Questions: Objective Type Questions will be asked in this exam.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks (for B.Tech) and three marks (for M.Tech) will be awarded for correct answer.
- Penalty marking: One will be deducted for incorrect response.
- Mode of Exam: Online
For GAT (UGTP):
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Physics||30 questions||120 marks|
|Chemistry||30 questions||120 marks|
|Mathematics/ Biology||40 questions||160 marks|
For GAT (PGT):
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Reasoning||30 questions||120 marks|
|Verbal Ability||30 questions||120 marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40 questions||160 marks|
For GAT (PGP)
|Subject||Number of Question||Total Marks|
|Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance||25||100|