The WDG Information Security team is looking for a Security Analyst who will focus on detection, and response to threats across our internal and external facing IT environments. You will be the first line of defense focused on identifying new attacks, correlating events, and maintaining our SIEM environment.
This role will provide first tier capabilities for our 24×7 monitoring and intrusion detection team. The responsibilities include:
· Proactive monitoring for security threats
· Event analysis, attack identification, and initial investigation
· Creation and modification of IDS and SIEM rules
· Troubleshooting and administration of key security technologies
· Participation in the incident response process
· Experience testing web services, identifying and remediating OWASP top 10 security flaws, and understanding large complex systems quickly
· Experience of penetration testing and/or static code analysis
· EndPoint Forensics
· 4+ years of experience in the information security field.
· Understanding of network protocols
· Understanding of various attack methods ranging from DDoS, Exploits, Malware, etc
· Experience with Microsoft Windows, including administration of servers
· Graduate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
· Ability to develop remediation plans based on organizational needs and priorities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ideal candidates must also have:
· Knowledge of SQL server, IIS, System Center and related technologies
· Strong project management skills and proven ability to drive projects to completion
· Experience with IDS and vulnerability scanning technologies (Qualys)
· Experience with network security technologies
· Experience working in a highly complex and dynamic environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Job number 511341
- Date posted Oct 3, 2018
- Travel None
- Profession Engineering
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks