SBI had released the notification for SBI PO 2015 exam sometime last week. While the exam this year is for recruiting about 2000 candidates, the exam pattern has changed from the earlier “prelim cum interview” to “prelims, mains and interview”. You can read more about the pattern change in the link below.
SBI PO 2015 – Important Dates for Exam
This week, SBI has released tentative dates for all milestones on the way till the final result. You can check the milestones below along with the tentative dates and hence prepare accordingly.
1. Download of Call Letter for Pre-Examination Training (PET) for SC/ST/ Minority Community – May 26 till June 08.
2. Pre-Examination Training for SC/ST/ Minority Community – June 08 till June 13.
3. Download of Call letter for Preliminary Examination – After June 08.
4. Online Preliminary Examination – June 20, 21, 27, 28.
5. Result of Online Preliminary Examination – Second week of July.
6. Download of Call letter for Main Examination – After July 15.
7. Online Main Examination – August 01.
8. Result of Online Main Examination – Last week of August.
9. Download of Call letter for GD & Interview – Last week of August.
10. Conduct of GD & Interview – Third week of September.
11. Final Selection List – Last week of October.
Preparation for SBI PO 2015 Exam
With almost 1 month to go for the first exam, your preparation needs to go into overdrive. Here are a list of things you need to do to.
1. Get yourself books for each section and go through them thoroughly. You can find the books at the link below.
2. Keep a stop watch and check the time it takes for you to complete the required number of questions. Try different combinations of the three sections so that you can complete the test within one hour.
3. Do not spend too much time on one question. You may be able to complete 3 more in the time you may waste being stuck on one question.
4. Do not solve the graphical and pie chart analysis questions without looking at the questions. Solve only for what is required. Try and devise shortcuts (which are 100% correct) to save on time.
5. Mark down important notes and tips and tricks in a separate notebook/diary so that you can refer back to them quickly while revising.
6. For questions where straight definitions are asked, refer the book below.
7. Go through the newspapers daily and note down important current affairs, both national and international. Go through them once a week before the exam.
8. And finally, two days before your exam, get all the required things in order – admit card, pens, pencils, photographs etc, that you will be needing on the day of the exam.
9. On the day before the SBI PO 2015 exam, drop your books and relax. If you are travelling, make sure you reach the destination a day before only. Make a visit to your exam center to know where to enter etc and the approach to the exam center. I made this mistake last year and it almost cost me dear.
There you have it !! A complete preparation guide for the SBI PO 2015 exam. If you still have any doubts, feel free to contact me !! Best of luck for your exam.