Rights not available to Aliens
- Right not to be discriminated against on grounds of race, caste, religion, sex or place of birth (Art. 15)
- Right to equality of opportunity in public employment (Art. 16)
- Right to six fundamental freedoms under Art. 19
- Right of suffrage
- Cultural and educational rights conferred by Arts. 29 and 30
- Right to hold certain offices — President, Vice-President, Governor of States, Judges of Supreme Court or High Courts, Attorney General of India, Comptroller and Auditor General etc.
Right to contest election and get elected to either House at the Centre or State level.