JEST 2020 Registration Form will be released in the month of November 2018.Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is recognized by several premier research institutes for admission to PhD and Integrated PhD programmes in its different participating institutions. This entrance exam is conducted for only ( physics and theoretical computer science/Computational Biology /neuroscience)subjects. JEST is considered as a National Eligibility Test. it is conducted by Science & Engineering Research Board. Here we are providing details related to JEST 2020 Registration Form .
JEST 2020 Registration Form
Here we are mentioned the details about JEST 2020 Registration Form
- The applicants will be able to fill & submit the application form via online mode only.
- The application form will be available from 3rd week of November 2019.
- The closing date to submit the form will be 3rd week of December 2019
- Students must have a valid E-mail ID to apply for JEST exam 2020.
- Candidates are informed to fill all the details carefully and correctly in the form.
- The application fee is Rs 300/-
- The application fee for SC/ST category will be Rs. 150/-.
- The payment can be done through online payment mode.
Important Tentative Dates of JEST 2020
Here we are mentioned the tentative schedule for JEST exam 2019
|Third week of November 2019||Commencement of online application form|
|Third week of December 2019||Final date for the submission of application form|
|Fourth week of January 2020||Availability of admit card|
|Third week of February 2020||Date of Entrance exam|
|Last week of March 2020||Announcement of Results|
Eligibility Criteria for JEST 2020
- For Ph.D in (Physics): Candidates must pass M.Sc. in Physics to apply for this course. However, some institutions also accept” B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech in branch of Applied Physics and Maths”.
- For Ph. D in( Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc): Candidates must possess M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. Degree in Computer Science& related fields.
- For Ph D in( Neuroscience at NBRC): Candidates must pass B.E/ B.Tech/ MCA in (Computer Science), M.Sc (Physics/Mathematics)
- For Ph D in (Computational Biology at IMSc): Must pass M.Sc. / M.E./M.Tech./MCA in any engineering or science stream with good maths skills & strong interest in biological problems”.
- For Integrated M.Sc./ M.Tech – Ph.D course (Physics)
- Must qualify B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics).
- At NISER, B.Sc (Physics) or B.E. /B. Tech in Engineering Physics, with at least 1st class marks, will be the minimum qualification for this programme.
- For admission to IIA, the qualification required is Bachelor’s in Science in Physics/Mathematics/B.E./B.Tech.in (Electrical/Instrumentation/Engineering Physics/ EC (Electronics and Communications)/ CSE (Computer Science and Engineering)/Optics and Photonics).
- Bachelor’s in Science (Physics) will be considered at IISER-Pune, [ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS].
- For Integrated Ph.D course( in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc): Must qualify B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.C.A. in Computer Science or relevant fields
- For Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. course at IIA: Must qualify M.Sc. (Physics/Applied Physics)/Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in” Optics and Optoelectronics/Radio Physics and Electronics”.
- For Integrated Ph.D. course at IISER IISER. Thiruvananthapuram: Must qualify B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E. /B. Tech. in any discipline.
- Mode of Examination: The exam will be organized via Pen and Paper.
- Number of Questions: The paper of Physics will have 2 parts. Total 25 questions will be asked in each part. Theoretical computer science paper will comprises total 7 questions.
- Duration of Exam: The total time allotted will be 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Marking Scheme: The Part-I of physics paper will contain 3 marks each while part –II will contain 1 mark for each right response.
|Parts||Number of Questions||Marking Scheme||Negative Marking|
|Part A||15 questions||+3||-1|
|Part B||10 questions||+3||No negative marking|
|Part C||25 questions||+1||-1/3|
How to Fill the JEST 2020 Registration Form
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the link related to JEST Registration Form 2020.
- Enter all the necessary details in the JEST form 2020
- Pay the requisite registration fee.
- At last submit the form
- Take the printout of the JEST 2020 form for further use