The others are the designated road routes. During 2010, imports from India were of the order of Rs. 2930 crores and constituted 75% of Bhutan’s total imports.
Bhutan’s exports to India in 2010 amounted to .Rs. 2600 crores and constituted 90% of its total exports.
India is not only Bhutan’s main development partner but also its leading trade partner. A free trade regime exists between India and Bhutan. The India-Bhutan Trade and Commerce Agreement which expired in March 2005, has been renewed for a period of 10 years. Currently, the major items of exports from Bhutan to India are electricity (from Tala, Chukha and Kurichhu Hydroelectric project), base metals and articles, minerals, vegetable fat and oils, alcoholic beverages, chemicals, cement, timber and wood products, cardamom, fruit products, potatoes, oranges and apples, raw silk, plastic and rubber products.. Major exports from India to Bhutan are petroleum products, mineral products, base metals and articles, machinery, automobiles & spares, vegetable, nuts, spices, processed food and animal products, chemicals, wood, pla’s tic and rubber. The Agreement on Trade and Commerce also provides for duty free transit of Bhutanese merchandise for trade with third countries. Sixteen exit/entry points in India identified in the Protocol for Bhutan’s third country trade are: Jaigaon, Cha murchi, Ulta Pani, Hathisar (Gelephu), Darranga, Kolkata, Haldia, Dhubri, Raxaul, Panitanki, Changrabandh, Phulbari, Dawki, New Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai. Of these, ‘Kolkata, Haldia, Mumbai and Chennai are the designated seaports, ‘Dhubri is the riverine route, New Delhi, Chennai, Murnbai and Kolkata are the air routes and Raxaul is the rail route. The others are the designated road routes. During 2010, imports from India were of the order of Rs. 2930 crores and constituted 75% of Bhutan’s total imports. Bhutan’s exports to India in 2010 amounted to .Rs. 2600 crores and constituted 90% of its total exports. Total trade in 2010 grew by about 26% from 2009.
- Co-operation on Search and Rec Services (22-12-21)09)
- Consultancy Services for prepara. 4 tion of National Transrnis’:ion Grid Master Plan for Bhutan. (22-12-20t
- Preparation of DPR for Kholon7c.hhil Hydroelectricity Projed(48%iWjir Bhutan. (22-12-2009)
- Preparation of DPR for Arnhi Reservoir Hydroelectricity Pro.. ject(620) in Bhutan. (22-12-2116)
- Preparation of DPR for Cnart, kharchhu-I Hydroelectricity ject(670) in Bhutan. (22-12-20091
- Preparation of DPR for Kuri-Conist Hydroelectricity Project(18G0) Bhutan. (22-12-2009)
- Technical Assistance to Nat–Iona: Environment Commission SEcretariat, RGoB (22-12-2009)
- Development of the Bhutan Institute of Medical Science(BIMS) .